Burns & Levinson is a large 100+ law firm headquartered in Boston. I worked on a three-person team for the site development, handling a mix of front-end and the majority of back-end development. The site is built on a proprietary CMS system called Point and Clique and required migrating a hodge-podge collection of data tables the former website used. Additionally, the website enlists several API calls to retrieve content from external legal blogs and display the posts on the website.
The client was delighted not only with the finished product—which was delivered on time and on budget—but also with the design and development process. Working closely with the client throughout the development lifecycle I was able to avoid potential pitfalls before they cropped up, steer the designers toward fully responsive designs, and manage tasks with coworkers working 9 time zones away.
Technologies Used Include
Point and Clique CMS
Adobe CS Suite
- Unique interactive homepage animation to direct users to appropriate site sections.
- Delayed header menu displaying that stays open or closed as users navigate through site
- AJAX queries for searching and filtering attorneys on professionals section.
- Displaying external WordPress blog posts via API calls
- eBriefcase system that lets users collect and save various web pages and print them as a booklet, used by the firm for marketing purposes.